Sector that provides alternative employment, other than agriculture in rural area is termed as Rural Non Farm Sector (RNFS). RNFS holds the key to faster economic development of the country.
In order to meet the credit needs of small borrowers, NABARD has introduced Swarojgar Credit Card Scheme, which takes care of block capital and working capital needs including a component of consumption needs.
Refinance support is also available under Investment Credit within Automatic Refinance Facility (ARF).
The services of Nabcons are available for following areas:
- Project formulation, appraisal and arrangements for financing in the RNFS activities
- Conduct potential surveys and identification of economic activities in RNFS
- Development of clusters for sustainable economic activities in RNFS in rural, particularly tribal and backward areas
- Monitoring and evaluation of small and medium-enterprise development programmes and schemes
- Capacity building of entrepreneurs, bankers, NGOs, taking up or promoting RNFS activities
- Projects for improving access to credit for women, tribals and other small borrowers